The objectives of One Hen's programs for children in grades 3 - 8 are to teach.
- Financial literacy - Students learn how business works and the basics of savings and money management.
- Taking Personal Initiative - Students are taught that they have the ability to make good choices, set goals and work
hard to achieve them. They practice this by starting a small business or running a fundraiser.
- Global Awareness - Students learn the similarities and differences between their lives and the life and culture in other
countries - Ghana in Africa, and Honduras in South America. They learn about how small entrepreneurs there and around the world are overcoming daunting
obstacles to work themselves out of poverty.
- The Value of Giving Back - Students explore problems in their communities and ways in which they could contribute to
- Creative Thinking - Students learn to brainstorm, create products, and come up with creative ideas to market their
- Teamwork - Students learn how to work well in a team.
- Problem Solving - Students learn that every problem has a solution and practice strategies for effective problem solving
as they start and run a small business or organize a fundraiser.